Thursday, July 26, 2007

What’s for Dinner?

I'm sure some of you remember that I'm doing Weight Watchers. Any of you have tried to do any kind of diet know that it can be really hard to keep your eating habits on track. I was putting in my points, and have not done so well on my points today – I can't believe that 8 oz of Lemonade is 2 points – I wasted 4 points on this today! So for dinner today, I am going to make a quick and easy, very low fat, and very tasty dinner. It's actually my DH favorite summer meal. I thought I'd share the recipe with you.


 

Grilled Fish Packets

Serves 4

Weight Watchers Points Value Per Serving: 4


 

You will need one of those Reynolds Foil Bags for this, or you can make your own with Heavy Duty Foil.


 

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray

4 fillets of Tilapia (or other mild, low fat, white fish)

1- 1 lb bag of Colored Bell Peppers & Onions (Fresh works great too, this just makes it quick)

8 oz Package of Sliced Mushrooms

1 medium Zucchini

1 medium Yellow Squash

1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved

25 Medium Green Olives (1/2 jar) sliced

4 cloves Garlic minced

2 Tsp Oregano

2 Lemons, quartered & seeds removed


 

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat grill
  2. Spray Foil bag with non-stick cooking spray
  3. Place layers of peppers, onions, mushrooms, Zucchini, Squash & Tomatoes in the bag, making sure items that take longer to cook are on the bottom.
  4. Spread ½ of the garlic, olives, oregano & lemon over veggies.
  5. Place the fish on top of veggies
  6. Add remainder of garlic, olives, oregano & lemon over the top of the fish.
  7. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, flipping bag half way through.


 

You can sub other veggies if you don't like these ones, but I'd recommend leaving the olives even if you don't eat them (you can pick them out later), they give a great flavor to the recipe.


 

It's very filling & really makes a complete meal by itself, but if you've got the extra points it's great with a nice slice of crusty bread, or even some rice.


 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, sounds yummy. Hope you do well on your diet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy and I am going to have to try it. I am also on Weight Watchers and since I work out of town a lot it is hard to stick to it as restaraunt food is very high in points. One dinner at Chili's comes in at 42 points! Nothing like spending 2 days worth of points on one meal! LOL
Good Luck with your weight loss.