Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cheaters Challenge!

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful night! We had a blast at my folks house - great food & company - all around wonderful time. We actually ended up spending the night because I fell asleep on the floor at 12:15 while I was trying to get my little one to sleep - yup, I'm a party animal!

Well, I gave you all a little teaser earlier this week about a way to cheat to get more LO's done. I'm hosting this weeks new challenge at ScrapMatters.com. It's a Cheaters Challenge! Below is the info on the challenge, and a link to our forum so you can participate too. Also, if you've not checked it out yet, we are working really hard to make our ScrapMatters Team blog and exciting and informative place to visit. Each day, there will be a new post with challenges or tips, techniques & all kinds of other fun stuff. So check out the ScrapMatters Team Blog here, and be sure to bookmark it!

AND NOW FOR THE CHEATERS CHALLENGE!
The new year is upon us, and it’s that time of year when many of use set new goals for ourselves. So while you are promising to be more organized, eat better and exercise more, why not set a goal that will be fun, and easily do-able? Let’s plan to scrap more!!

Easier said than done, you say???? Well, then, this is the challenge for you! This weeks’ challenge is “Cheaters’ Challenge”. That’s right, I’m challenging you to get more scrapping done, by cheating! I’m not ashamed to admit, I’ve done it myself.

All you need to do is pick one of your favorite LO’s that you’ve created – and give it new life & some new pictures. It’s really very simple. First, I’ll show you how I’ve cheated, and then I’ll give you some tips to cheat on your own.

Over the summer, I made this LO that I loved – seriously, one of my all time favorites:
Right before Christmas, I decided to make a Brag Book for my mom, and realized that I needed a few more LO’s to complete it. And, I needed them in a HURRY! I wanted to include some photos from our family vacation, but wasn’t sure this page would fit the theme of the album. I loved the LO, and decided to just change the pictures. So, I deleted the journaling, title & picture and rotated the page. I added my new photos and journaling – and I was done! Cheated & completed – super quick.
http://scrapmatters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=26

I was so pleased with the results, I flipped It again and made the LO a 2 pager!
http://scrapmatters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=25

I gave the LO new looks by adding multiple photo’s where there had been just one & changing the orientation.

So, here’s the rules for the Cheaters’ Challenge:
1.) Use one of your own LO’s & give it new life
2.) Post both LO’s in the ScrapMatters Gallery with a link here so we can all oh & ah over it (love that part!)
3.) Tell us how you cheated – and how easy it was!

Ideas to assist you in your cheating:
* use your LO to make a QP to make it super quick
* or turn it into a template to keep the items in the same place, but use different papers & embellies
*recolor the papers & elements from your LO to make a new LO
*change the orientation – flip it, rotate it, crop out a portion, or reduce the size and add a border to the edge.

Now, I’m sure you’d like to know what you get for completing such a quick & easy LO… Each participant gets my LO as a free Template (I’ll PM you the link once you post your entry here). And, one lucky winner with receive a $5.00 gift code to our shop! I’ll do a random drawing for the winner after the challenge is completed.

This challenge ends at midnight PST on January 7th, 2008.

As always, you don’t need to use ScrapMatters products for our challenges, but, we’d sure love it if you did! Can’t wait to see those LO’s !

Here's some CT entries to get you inspired!

Melanie's original LO:
Here's the Cheater version. See how she rotated the page & switched out the papers! Awesome Job! New embellies make it completely different! Here's Shari's original LO: Here's her Cheater Version. I love how she took one big picture & made it lots of smaller photos with great accents! You'd never know she cheated at this one!
Here's Theresa's original LO:
And, here's her Cheater Version. She rotated the page, swaped her photos and journaling and added some wonderful new accents. Perfect for a coordinated theme album - and I love both versions.

Here is Brittney's original LO: She rotated the orginal page & used it as a template for her new LO - with completely different looks!
Now it's your turn - are you ready to be a cheater? Here's that forum link again... Can't wait to see all those entries!

No comments: