Saturday, February 21, 2009

Use Caution

There is a lot of talk in digi land right now about viruses & 4shared. It seems that people are getting viruses from the ads at 4shared before even getting to the download. I strongly recommend avoiding 4shared right now and making sure that your virus software is up to date.

It makes me so sad that people can be so cruel to do things like this - I can't really even understand what joy they would get out of it.

So - if you are coming to my blog for one of my freebies and you see that it is hosted at 4share - please email me (link is above under my header) and I'll host it on another site for you. I going to try to remove my 4shared links. For now - I will try hosting on Box.net until I find a better solution. I have heard good things about Box & there are no ads. The downside is that the file sizes are smaller.

Ok - that's it for this PSA!

3 comments:

Sansai said...

I suggest Firefox with the NoScript extension and Adblock Plus. No one will see the ads & no virus script should run. There's more to the layered approach but this should keep some out of trouble. Regards.

Ciara Rutan said...

You can also use www.adrive.com. You can have up to 50GB of free space to use. I have not had any problems with it.

~Ciara

www.ciaraiworktemplates.com

Pink Peacock Designs said...

I use MediaFire.com. It can be a little slow at times, but for the most part I have had no troubles. It also has unlimited space/downloads which is great!
- Brittany