Friday, January 13, 2012

I Beta you’ll want to try this!

Winter has finally arrived where I live and today we are having our first snow storm of the year!  I’m bundled up and enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate to keep me warm, debating if I should venture out to buy a new pair of boots or if I should just research some cute ones on Pinterest : )   hmmmmm….

This morning I ran across an ad that I wanted to share with you.  Adobe is offering a Photoshop Lightroom 4 Beta to everyone for free.  WOW!  I honestly haven’t had a chance to try out Lightroom for myself, but I know that MANY scrappers and photographers can’t live without it.  I’m excited to try it myself for both my personal photos and for my design work (what a great way to perfect those photos and scans before I extract them!!).  Adobe has some videos to get you started. Digiscrap101 has a free class to teach you how to use Lightroom to organize your supplies.  You can also check out Lightroom Killer Tips to help you dig in! You can offer feedback in the Adobe forums and the Beta doesn’t expire until March 31, 2012 – so you’ll have an extra long time to play!

Speaking of digging in and winter, I have a new alpha today. It’s perfect for winter pages from cold weather to winter sports. It would also be great for pages about your purple princess at play!


Scrappers love to create pages with realistic textures  - try Texture Files Cardstocks to use as your paper base textures.  Add brushwork, overlays, or edges to create even more interest.

I’ve added the rest of the Texture Files Cardstocks to my Scrap Orchard store and I’m offering some of them in a bundle at a great price.  This week only they are on sale for an additional 20% off.






Freebie for this week…  like to try before you buy?  Here is a free Texture Files Cardstock. 

hsg_tfcsblog-free-prev

I hope you stay warm and enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

Jen Graham said...

Thanks for posting this Happy!!!! I just got my first DSLR camera and I wanted Lightroom, but I didn't want to spend the $$$.

Minoush said...

Thank you for the freebie!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Jan. 14, 2012. Thanks again.

Barbara said...

Thank you!

Joyeuse Pagaille said...

Thank you so much :)

JeannieK said...

Thank you! Just found your site and bookmarked it - love your wonderful tutorials.

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the lovely texture! :)

Ghislaine said...

Thank you so much!

SamSam said...

thank you for sharing =)

grambie said...

I just bought your text blenders and you included a tutorial link. I could not pass this freebie by. Therefore, I wanted you to know that it's appreciated and will be used. I am learning to add texture to my photos and this is just fantastic. Thank you for your kindness and tutorials. Hugs. ;)